Do you want to work within a thriving, collaborative team of exceptional Engineers, as part of a large, award-winning multi-disciplinary consultancy?
Pick Everard have been providing excellent service to clients across multiple sectors for over 160 years. Our Civil Engineering discipline are looking to appoint a Highways/Infrastructure Engineer to join our team in Bury-St-Edmunds.
At Pick Everard, we are passionate about our people and strive to support and develop long-term and rewarding careers.
You will work as an integral part of the team, with other Engineers and Technicians, to deliver a wide range of Highways/Public Realm and/or Infrastructure/Drainage projects (including residential, education, leisure, defense and commercial).
We are looking for an Engineer to:
- Assist with and prepare technical designs, specifications and reports for Highways/Public Realm and/or Infrastructure/Drainage projects to suit your experience
- Work on a large variety of projects in terms of size, type, and complexity, both single discipline and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Show enthusiasm in taking on new challenges, by applying engineering principles and a practical and pragmatic approach to new and exciting projects
- Deliver high quality output, on time and to budget
- Contribute to design team meetings, presenting your proposals to the wider team
- Undertake site visits throughout the project lifespan, from feasibility and survey phases through to construction, seeing your designs brought to life on site
- Build effective relationships with clients, colleagues and suppliers
- Take a collaborative approach, working closely with the senior team, assisting with technical and quality reviews
Our Civil Engineering discipline boast a supportive and collaborative environment, where you can expect hands-on guidance and prosperous career development.
Are you interested to find out more? Contact us today!
This role will suit an Engineer who has a background in Highways and/or Infrastructure, working as part of a team to deliver exciting high-profile developments in a wide variety of sectors.
Key skills and experience we are looking for:
- Team player with a confident, can-do, positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Experience working on a range schemes, as well as the ingenuity to take on bespoke projects that will require practical application of your experience to date
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop collaborative working relationships with colleagues in our multi-disciplinary practice
- Robust problem solving skills, taking accountability for assigned work
- Good knowledge of industry design software packages relevant to your experience
- A degree or equivalent in civil engineering or a related subject, working towards a professional qualification
- A commercial awareness and an understanding of different forms of contract
- Excellent communication skills, with experience writing reports and delivering presentations
If you feel this is the role for you, apply today!