Salary: £11.00 – £11.50
Shift hours: Full Time
We are looking for an experienced Chef with excellent organisational skills, the ability to prioritise their workload and have the ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
You will be working as part of a team but you will at times be expected to work independently and under your own initiative.
- All aspects of food production from preparation to service.
- To ensure the Company’s statutory regulations regarding hygiene, health & safety and cleanliness in the kitchen.
- To provide high personal standards of performance, hygiene and appearance ensuring correct uniform is worn & PPE used appropriately at all times whilst on duty.
- To ensure the cleanliness and tidiness of the kitchen and surrounding area at all times as reasonably practical.
- To maintain good customer and colleague relations at all times.
- To work within budgetary requirements.
- To be aware and adhere to portion sizes and control portion standards during production and service including communicating portion size to serving staff.
- To cater for special dietary requirements for patient feeding and customers as required.
- To assist with menu planning, ordering etc and receive any relevant training as necessary.
- Working with Stores department with effective ordering of all stock and ensuring that all deliveries are checked in accordance with the HACCP procedures in place
- To maintain records and complete all daily checks and documentation in relation to the role.
- To ensure the prompt service of all meals and services at the required times to the company’s standards and the client’s satisfaction.
- To report any compliments, complaints or incident of theft, fire, accident, loss, damage or other irregularity and take such action as is necessary or practicable.
- Weekend duty chefs – sole decision maker – direct line of supervision as agreed
- Any other duties as necessary for the successful performance of the role.
- Qualified chef
- Allergen awareness
- Ability to understand detailed instruction
- Ability to understand and adhere to current legislation at all times
- Good communications skills
- Ability to demonstrate flair within food offers
- Ability to work on one’s own initiative
- Multi tasking
Location: Brighton, England