Salary: 40 hrs a week
Shift hours: Full Time
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Chef to join our busy team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression.
- To manage all day to day aspects of preparation and presentation of the food service offer to the Company’s standards
- Prepare food to the highest standard of quality at all times
- Manage food ordering to the required company standard.
- Follow recipes and instruction, as directed by line manager and in accordance to the required food offer
- To provide an efficient and friendly service to customers in all areas of the catering department
- To ensure that food is presented and served in a clean, hygienic environment
- Driving sales and promoting service excellence
- Ensure all necessary documentation is completed to comply with company and industry standards
- To communicate well with customers and demonstrate a helpful attitude at all times
- To undertake cleaning and ensure all aspects of equipment and production area cleaning is completed: walls up to 6ft, floors, fixtures, fittings, pots, pans, cutlery, crockery, glassware etc., to the Company’s standard according to the cleaning rota or as directed
- To attend/receive any job-related training as required
- Report all accidents and near misses in accordance to the health & safety documentation
- Wear the correct uniform at all times
- Meet the demands of customers by providing the correct catering services within the agreed SLA contract agreement
- Ensure financial documentation and accountancy of the unit (and those from suppliers) is accurate and within agreed budgeted levels as directed by line manager
- Manage the quality and hygiene of the food cycle from delivery through to service; checking deliveries and taking and recording all temperatures, as required.
- Actively enforce relevant statutory, company and site H&S compliance together with the monitoring of related equipment
- Motivate and lead the kitchen production team to perform their roles to a high standard and in alignment to Sodexo policies and procedures.
- Actively seek and identify opportunities for business growth within the contract.
- Ensure expenditure is within the budget levels agreed between the Client and Sodexo. Monitor all costs such as labour, disposables and cash purchases as directed by line manager.
- Ensure tariff prices are correct and all catering services are costed and charged according to the terms of the contract using company tools and precedures as directed by line manager.
- Maintain levels of stock and carry out stock takes.
- Ensure that methods of preparation, production and presentation comply with Sodexo’s standards and procedures.
- Comply with all Company & Client policies, site rules and statutory regulations relating to Health & Safety, safe working practices, hygiene, cleanliness, fire and COSHH. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards in your work place.
- Ensure that all equipment used, is in safe working order and report any faults to line manager, ensuring the equipment is not used until safe.
- To fulfil any other reasonable requests
Additional Ad-hoc Duties:
- To assist/manage any special functions, some of which may occur outside working hours
- To rectify or report any customer complaints or compliments, take some remedial action if possible and report to line manager.
- To report immediately any incidents of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage, unfit food, or other irregularities and take such action as may be appropriate or possible
- To attend meetings and training courses as may be necessary
- To provide cover in other areas during periods of holidays and sickness, including deputising for line manager.
The successful candidate for this role will be:
- Experienced in working in a busy kitchen environment
- Passionate for producing fresh food to a high standard
- Customer focused
- A strong communicator
- Experienced at working with a team
- Complying to health, safety and hygiene standards
Location: Addlestone, England