Shift hours: Permanent
Conference and Events Manager
On-going training and development
Perks at work
Staff food on shift
Catering partner, Levy UK are looking for a Conference and Events Manager at world famous Twickenham Stadium!
NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB
The primary objective is to provide day-to-day catering management services. The Catering & Events Manager must ensure the smooth planning and delivery of a first class catering product and service for Conference, Events & Banqueting and Match Days as required at the stadium to our clients and their customers whilst managing the business needs and performance standards.
Act as a brand custodian for the service delivery provided at Twickenham Stadium by Twickenham Experience, whilst striving to deliver market leading initiatives to ensure a quality guest experience. Keep abreast of market trends and competitor performance. Take ownership and responsibility for C&E operations as directed to include food service, bars, back of house and storage areas. Your basic hours of work will be 40 per week based over 5 days; your hours will be determined by the needs of the business
- A manager, who must interact effectively across client and operational functions, to manage the team to superior operational and business performance.
- Through the required process and procedure of performance management ensure the professional and objective recruitment, induction, training development, appraisals and disciplinary and grievance handling for casual and variable team members.
- Supervise the casual and variable team meetings and briefings and ensure regular, clear and concise communication at all levels within the venue.
- Maintain the presentation of all areas of responsibility on site, as set out within the Operational standards guide for C&E and Major Events.
- Demonstrate and share best working practices in all duties, and comply with TEL policies and procedures
- Lead by example and ensure members of the team wear the correct, full and clean uniform whilst on duty. Actively address all issues relation to non-adherence of company standards.
- Ensure all maintenance issues and hazards are identified and dealt with promptly in line with TEL and RFU policy/practice.
- Be aware of and adhere to legal and company regulations relating to the following areas: Health & Safety at Work, Food Hygiene, Fire Regulations, Licensing Law, Sales of Goods / Trading Standards and Environmental policy.
- Ensure cost effective and appropriately skilled staffing levels are implemented throughout the Operational delivery to provide excellent customer service within the agreed standard and financial targets.
- Plan and monitor annual leave entitlements to ensure that the location is self-supporting during periods of leave.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform all tasks consistently to adhere to specifically agreed standards.
- Support the Operational Managers in communicating, motivating, and engaging the team.
- Ensure all stock takes are completed to company standards and to set deadlines.
- To manage and deliver staff planners, along with your Line Manager, to effectively set up and clear down areas of responsibility in line with business needs and in line with set targets.
- Prepare all cash and credit stock sheets, in accordance with the guidelines. Issue stocks according to stock sheets, recording accurately any shortfalls.
- Place orders directly with relevant suppliers (internal and external), in line with company policies, and ensure all relevant paper work is completed.
- Demonstrate excellent control of all operating costs in line with agreed set targets.
- Investigate revenue shortfalls and cost variances relating to the financial results for individual events and monthly results and implement necessary corrective action plan.
- Ensure that necessary audits are delivered and that TEL achieves the agreed target.
- At least two years Conference and Events Management experience
- GNVQ in Hotel, Event and Catering Management or equivalent
- Management experience within a Conference and Banqueting, Hospitality or Event environment.
- Clear communication skills, Strong organisation skills, Computer literate
- Ability to deal with a wide range of people.
- Confident and enthusiastic.
- Standards and quality driven hands on management style
- Strong operational qualities
- Self-started, drive, ambition
- Ability to work to strict pressured deadlines
- A “can-do” attitude
- Motivated by a passion for quality and great service delivery
- Creative in thinking and approach
Who we are:
Levy UK + Ireland is the sports and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK and Ireland. It is the market leader in the provision of legendary food and drink experiences at some of the UK’s most significant sporting, arena, and leisure venues.
Through strong client partnerships, Levy UK + Ireland creates bespoke food concepts, service standards and pioneering design, implementing a guest-first approach and ongoing innovation at each venue. With a company-wide passion for food, Levy UK + Ireland creates menus and food experiences that feature fantastic seasonal dishes, with a strong focus on British ingredients.
As well as providing tailor-made concepts for its clients, Levy UK + Ireland also delivers corporate hospitality, event catering, venue sourcing and support services, through its portfolio of businesses. These include Keith Prowse, Payne and Gunter, and Lime Venue Portfolio.
LinkedIn Levy UK
Instagram @Levy_UK_ Ireland
Levy UK + Ireland is a sector of Compass Group UK and Ireland which is part of Compass Group Plc, the world’s leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services on our clients’ premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business + Industry, Defence, Offshore + Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports + Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.
Compass Group UK+I