About the role
Sense has an exciting opportunity for someone to join our Business Development team as a Administrator, based at Sense Touchbase Pears in Selly Oak, Birmingham. This is a part time role working 20 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
The Business Development Team Administrator is responsible for providing a high-quality administration service to the Business Development Team.
- Maintain and update a database of existing business and contracts, including contact details for all relevant Local Authorities and Commissioners
- Ensure Sense details are registered on Local Authority and other external information sites as and when required
- Monitor the local authority portals and Sense’s development inbox for new business opportunities and the processing of new referrals and service requests
- Support the Business Development Officers in compiling and maintaining a library of good examples of people’s stories and other examples of good practice that illustrate the success of Sense services which can be used as part of the tendering process and included in the contract monitoring process
- Collation of information and statistics in order to produce reports for the Head of Business Development
Key skills and experience required:
- Confident in using Microsoft Office Applications and data inputting, including excel
- Proven experience in working as an administrator supporting a busy team, who often work remotely
- Experience of handling a variety of queries via Microsoft Teams, email and phone
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to organise and prioritise own work load
- Experience of working within a busy environment which requires multi-tasking whilst setting priorities and meeting deadlines
For everyone living with complex disabilities. For everyone who is deafblind. Sense is here to help people communicate and experience the world. We believe that no one, no matter how complex their disabilities, should be isolated, left out, or unable to fulfil their potential.
Working at Sense can be incredibly rewarding; we offer the opportunity to work in a large, diverse and successful charity where people can develop their skills, knowledge and careers in a supportive and flexible environment. In addition we have excellent training and development, the opportunity for you to join our Group Personal Pension scheme and a generous annual leave entitlement.
Please use the link below to complete your application. We would recommend that you read the candidate guidelines, job description and person specification before applying.
Please note to avoid disappointment, we advise you to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time.
No agency submissions please: any submissions without prior authorisation from the Sense Recruitment Team will be treated as our own and as such no fee will be payable.
Sense is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable children and adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. Therefore, all offers of employment, where appropriate, are subject to a DBS check; level dependant on the nature of the role.
Sense is committed to equality of opportunity, and to promoting and celebrating the diversity of staff, volunteers and the people we work with. We value everyone’s contribution and ensure people are given the opportunity to realise their potential. We will promote equality and diversity in all that we do and the work we do in partnership with others. For more information please visit: https://www.sense.org.uk/about/equality-and-diversity/
If you require any assistance please contact the Recruitment Team on 0121 415 6735 or email@example.com
Admin and Secretarial