Salary: Attractive Salary plus benefits
The Waste BDM will support the commercial teams to identify, evaluate and build commercial offers for waste service provision to existing and new scrap customers. They will mobilise new contracts and work with account co-ordinators to ensure contracts meet customer expectations and remain profitable.
The Role will increase the purchasing performance and core business retention of commercial buyers by supporting the uptake and development of non-metallic waste management.
Maximise profit and minimise cost from supply chain, whilst ensuring compliance and service delivery performance. The individual will establish strong and lasting customer and supplier relationships working alongside EMR commercial teams.
- Develop and manage waste services supply chain
- Support Commercial Tenders for Waste Management elements
- Supporting Mobilisation of waste management services
- Ensure service delivery meets agreed expectations and does not impact upon scrap business
- To support waste sector head in developing and implementing TWM growth strategy.
- To stay abreast of industry changes in policy and market factors.
- Build strong relationships with the customers, suppliers and colleagues.
- Generate reports for senior management on current performance and future initiatives.
- Other duties as and when they are identified
- Demonstrable waste Industry knowledge
- Experience in Total Waste Management
- Local supply chain knowledge (Midlands & Yorkshire)
- Sales / Account Mgmt. background
- Negotiation of contracts and rates with suppliers
- Supply chain management
- Contract Mobilisation
- Tender / Bid Management experience preferable
- Contract management experience preferable
Hours per week: 45