Business Development Executive – Midlands
Do you thrive on the buzz of speaking to potential new clients? As our next Business Development Executive, you will get excited about generating new opportunities and making things happen – not just waiting for new business to magically appear.
We are on the lookout for someone who will bring energy and experience of business development to source and create new sales opportunities.
About the role…
To put it simply, as a Business Development Executive, you will secure meetings with prospects to generate opportunities for work for the wider business – with particular focus on mid-sized businesses.
This is a highly target driven role and will work as part of a focused and ambitious business development growth team, in which you will be the generation engine.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Generating leads and following up prospects, through desk-based research, outbound telephone sales, social channel selling, events, campaigns, and external networking
- Gather intel to help create, develop, and deliver campaigns to the market
- Proactively promote Cooper Parry via multiple channels
- Securing first meetings with Key Decision Makers at potential Cooper Parry clients
- Promote our awesome business areas on CP’s wealth of services, including finance accounting, audit and tax services, raising finance, specialist advisory services and more!
What you will need…
As a successful Business Development Executive, you will have a track record in a target-oriented role, working successfully to engage Business Owners and C-Level executives and work to tight deadlines, developing effective strategies in the moment.
You will also have:
- B2B sales/telesales experience
- Charismatic and engaging manner with an ability to create rapport with and influence key decision makers
- Commercial awareness and an understanding how to adapt and tailor your style to different people and audiences
- Effective communications skills both verbal and written (with a focus on competitive positioning)
- Extensive experience of managing detail and information in a timely, accurate and robust manner via the use of CRM
- Flexible approach with ability to respond quickly when priorities change
- Excel at building relationships from the very first point of contact
This is an ideal role for a self-starter with a go-getter attitude and an appetite to discover new skills and progress.
A bit about CP…
We’re no ordinary firm of accountants and business advisers. And this means we don’t give ordinary advice. We work with privately owned, not for profit and multi-national businesses across the UK to help them become more aware of their financial position, become more financially efficient, help them grow and much more.
We’re straight-talking and put people and relationships before products and services. This is what’s made us the fastest growing firm of accountants in the UK… and our vision is to continue.
In 2022 & already in 2023, we achieved some fantastic feats, and we couldn’t be more over the moon!
- Partnered with Waterland Private Equity since July 2022, and are now on a lightning-fast growth journey
- Ranked No.1 in the Accountancy Age Mid-Tier Power Index
- Placed Top 3 in the mid-size category at the Inspiring Workplace Awards
- Achieved 13th overall at the Inspiring Workplace Awards, against all businesses of all sizes across Europe, Middle East & Africa
- Recently became B Corp certified! Measuring and improving our impact beyond business for a brighter tomorrow
What’s in it for you…
We have always believed in trusting our people to make the right decisions for themselves. From how you dress, to where you work and how often you take holiday. We give our people the opportunity to work flexibly, as well as the trust and accountability to deliver.
We put our people at the heart of our culture. If our people love working here then they do amazing work, that’s why we offer things like:
- Supported development with tailored training to help you learn and progress
- Open Holidays – unlimited paid annual leave to take what you need to feel well rested
- We are currently undertaking a 100-80-100 trial, otherwise known as a “4 day work week trial” to reduce our working hours by 20%
- A truly flexible approach to hybrid working – “Work from Anywhere. Anytime. Forever.”
- Empowered and entrusted to do what you do best
- An amazing wellbeing offering to support your physical, mental, spiritual, and financial health
- Volunteering opportunities to work closer with local communities and charities
- Alongside an array of benefits and perks all nicely packaged on our CP Pay & Perks platform
We know everyone performs their best when they feel welcomed and supported to bring their whole selves to work. As an equal opportunities’ employer, we will work with you to ensure you have all you need to achieve your best.
Get in touch if you have any questions about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion or about accessibility/accommodations during your application process.
A note for recruitment agencies…
Agencies, we love you… but unsolicited CV’s will not be honoured. We will only accept CV submissions for roles briefed to you by our Talent Acquisition team.
If you would be interested in working with us – please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org, should we have anything we need additional support on we will reach out to you.