Cygnet Hospital Maidstone is our state-of-the-art, 63 bed mental health facility for adults situated in the Kent Medical Campus in Maidstone.
The hospital is split into four distinct wards, each offering specialist mental health services including an Personality Disorder service for women and low secure, Rehabilitation and PICU Services for men.
We are currently recruiting for Casual/Bank Support Workers who are looking for flexibility and can offer day, night and weekend shifts to suit your availability and lifestyle.
As an active member of our dynamic team, you’ll provide support for our nursing staff including the admission, assessment, implementation and discharge of inpatients, with a focus on dignity and safety at all times.
Shifts time are 07:30 – 20:00 or 19:30 – 08:00 and you must be able to commit to our mandatory training and Induction before you can commence shifts.
Apply now to enjoy flexibility while reaping the rewards of providing the very best care and making a huge difference to our service users and their families.
In this role you’ll:
- Work as part of the Multi-Disciplinary Team to support implementation of the treatments and therapy as per the service users’ care plans.
- Compliment and provide support to the qualified nurses.
- Undertake safe observations of patients sometimes on a 1:1 basis or with other staff.
- Meet the physical and emotional needs of the service users in a caring and empathic manner.
- Play an active role in maintaining physical and mental wellbeing by providing and supporting individual or group work.
- Maintain a safe, clean and enjoyable environment to live and work in.
- Work within Safeguarding guidelines
- Undertake training in de-escalation and PMVA techniques to support patients with potentially violent or aggressive behaviours towards themselves or others.
We’re looking for people who have:
- Previous inpatient mental health experience in a challenging and/or secure setting
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to be a good team player
- The sensitivity and energy required to provide a trusting, stimulating and varied lifestyle for the patients
- A genuine desire to make a real difference in people’s lives
- A strong, flexible mental aptitude and an ability to cope with the physical demands of the role
- NVQ level 2 in a relevant care setting is preferable but not essential
In return we’ll offer you:
- Full training and Induction
- Regular coaching and support
- DBS paid
- Subsidised meals on duty
- Flexible shifts to suit availability and lifestyle
Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Job Reference: CYG31652