Shift hours: Permanent
Back Of House Manager
40 hours per week
On-going training and development
Perks at work
The QEII Centre is the largest dedicated conference and exhibition space in central London. Our venue offers world-class facilities for high-profile conferences, conventions, exhibitions and corporate events with a capacity of up to 2,500 and hosting over 400 national and international events a year.
Levy UK are on the lookout for an experienced Back Of House Manager to join the team
Overall Purpose of the Role
To be a key player in the on-site team not only looking after all back of house areas and staff, but working with the head chef and front of house manager to deliver great events and insuring Health and Safety is our number one goal.
Objective and Principal Job Function
To ensure the smooth running of the BOH operation in an organized manner, with the aim of maintaining and delivering expectations set out by management in an effective manner for both event days and non-event day’s BOH requirements.
Working alongside with Event Managers, Floor Managers and Head Chef.
• Overall responsibility for the management and co-ordination of the back of house team, to ensure that all staff are professional in their appearance and approach at all times.
• To attended and hold Team meeting’s.
• Ensure compilation and distribution of equipment as specified in catering event schedule.
• Maintain all BOH areas in an orderly and hygienic state in accordance with daily Cleaning Schedule and always kept locked when unattended.
• Ensure high levels of hygiene and sanitation are maintained at all times throughout the back of house areas.
• Keep chemical store in an orderly and safe state. Monitor stock level and report when reordering is required.
• To ensure all BOH areas are clear at the end of the day by disposing of rubbish, returning dirty and clean linen, disposables, dry store products etc. to the correct stores.
• Ensure reparation, compaction and removal to the loading bay of all rubbish and the cleaning of the Compactor Room as rostered.
• Responsible for carrying out, as a team, chemical, linen, disposable and equipment monthly stocktakes.
• To ensure that all catering areas are correctly managed (All store rooms, linen areas, cellar etc. are kept tidy at all times.)
• Maintenance of linen stock for front of house and kitchen at level to match business demands.
• Ensure that equipment is always secure and report any discrepancies which may occur when equipment is returned.
• To ensure all maintenance and health & safety issues are reported to your manager.
• Ensure adequate stock to cover forthcoming business, liaising with Head of Events and Head Chef if any temporary equipment is required.
• Check deliveries are received correctly and that correct procedures are followed to control expenses within the BOH department.
• Delegate and motivate porters and train in relation to cleaning, distribution, storage and security of all equipment.
• Uniforms must be worn at all times.
• To ensure that any operational targets that you are given are achieved.