Shift hours: Permanent
Back of house – Catering Assistant
Are you looking for a new challenge? For a rewarding job where you have the opportunity to make a real difference? Would you like to contribute to the greater good of the healthcare field? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
A new opportunity has arisen for a back of house Catering Assistant to join the Medirest family. We are looking for new members to join our highly catering dedicated team, who deliver outstanding catering services for patients, visitors and staff.
As a Catering Assistant you would provide a warm and welcoming environment for patients, every day is different and by facilitating patient’s nutrition and hydration needs, you can make a real difference!
The core hours of work will be Saturday & Sunday 19:00 – 06:00, 20 hours per week.
- Follow cleaning schedules and food hygiene procedures, including HACCP and COSHH
- Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work under pressure maintaining effective customer care skills
- Dealing with call back orders effectively to ensure all patients receive the meal of their choice.
- The cleaning of all equipment and facilities for the provision of the service
- Loading and dispatching of insulated food containers to all areas of the hospital.
- Any other duty deemed necessary for the smooth running of the catering department
- Pick, pack trolleys for wards, ensure the correct amount of food and supplies are sent to the wards or depts.
- Prepare salads for delivery to the wards
- Take ad hoc requests to the wards or depts. as required to by the decant supervisor
- To drive the tug and trailer delivering trolleys to wards and depts.
- Awareness of food & hygiene standards
- Passionate about patient care, with the ability to communicate effectively with patients, visitors and healthcare staff.
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team with a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Confident working in a hospital environment and aware at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- It doesn’t matter if you’ve never worked as a Ward Host / Hostess before. What does matter to us the most, is taking pride in what you do and a willingness to learn and go the extra mile for our patients.
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Baring Service check; costs met by the employer.