Assistant Project Manager
Location: SEIC. Hybrid working supported, minimum 3 days in office.
Salary: Competitive Salary dependent on experience, plus benefits
Employment type: Permanent/ Full Time
Closing date: 29th March 2023
Join EDF as an Assistant Project Manager, and you’ll join one of the most exciting and challenging projects within EDF, as we continue to lead the rebirth of nuclear in the UK.
At Hinkley Point C (HPC) we are building two new nuclear reactors, the first in a new generation of nuclear power stations in the UK providing low carbon electricity for around six million homes.
As an Assistant Project Manager, you’ll be supporting the delivery of work during all project phases within tasks areas that might include Nuclear Construction Excellence support, Health and Safety culture reporting, Risk and Opportunity management synopsis and reporting.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to be part of building one of the largest, most complex projects in Europe; something vital to the country’s future energy needs.
Pay, benefits and culture…
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer a benefits package, including a company pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the opportunity to earn bonus.
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone has a voice and where you feel confident being yourself. We’re committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We’d like our future workforce to have an equal gender balance, represent a broad mix of people from minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, those with a disability and supporting social mobility.
We’re a disability confident employer and we’ll do all we can to help with your application, making adjustments as you need.
We’ll value the difference you bring and offer opportunities for you to thrive and succeed.
What you’ll be doing…
- Be part of a Delivery Team Supporting, coordinating, and attending Multi-Disciplinary Team in the field of Electrical Design and Manufacturing
- Organising and coordinating of Technical Engineering, Cost, Contractor, and Scheduling teams on behalf of the Programme Manager.
- Actively encouraging and promoting continual development of challenging collaborative working behaviours to maintain efficient and effective delivery relationships between Design, Procurement, Pre-construction Planning and Construction teams.
- Producing all Project documentation required to successfully deliver the Project scope.
- Developing and implementing management systems, as required, supporting delivery and quality as specified by the Project Controls Department.
- Coordinating and recording meetings with key project stakeholders (internal & external).
- Ensuring that wider NNB arrangements are implemented, as appropriate, within the Programme of works and advising the management team of any necessary actions to ensure this.
- Facilitating internal communications within the Project Delivery Team and the wider HPC Project teams.
- Assisting the Project Manager delivering the List of Deliverables (LOD) and applying the principles of Earned Value Management (EVM).
- Assisting in upholding the principles of Continuous Improvement.
- Interfacing with other teams within Nuclear New Build (NNB), on specific tasks as required, under the direction of the Programme Manager for the team.
Who you are…
Your background may include some of the following:
- Knowledge in Electrical Installation and systems design,
- Implementing project management and organisational skills, which has been gained through practical experience and preferably recognised with a qualification.
- Knowledge in Data Management to support the team in manipulating high volume of data and technical interfaces.
- Ability to display and communicate a logical thought process, with excellent analytical skills, including capabilities for budget analysis and forecasting.
- Member of the Association of Project Managers or able to demonstrate an understanding of the APM project management Body of Knowledge principles.
- Knowledge of Nuclear Safety Case and its purpose.
- Degree or similar qualification in engineering, construction, or related field.
- Knowledge of CDM Regulations.
- Can demonstrate experience of managing projects through the project lifecycle from concept to handover
- Understanding the needs of nuclear quality and how nuclear quality is assured and controlled.
Join us and together we can help Britain achieve Net Zero.