Satellite Delivery Centre, Bridgwater, Hybrid, minimum of 3 days a week in office, Occasional travel maybe required.
Do you have experience working on Complex Projects? With a Mechanical Background? Are you looking to further your career with a new opportunity that is rewarding, and at the forefront of nuclear energy?
If so, join us as an Assistant Project Manager, and you’ll join one of the most exciting and challenging projects within EDF.
At Hinkley Point C (HPC), we are building two new nuclear reactors, the first in a new generation of nuclear power stations in the UK, providing low carbon electricity for around six million homes.
As the Assistant Project Manager (APM) you will demonstrate the strongest direction of all activities associated with the full life cycle delivery of the major contracts assigned. Reporting directly to the Project Manager you will be accountable for ensuring delivery of all engineering, procurement, manufacturing, construction and handover activities for the life cycle of the contract or work package in accordance with the overall Project schedule.
You will work closely with the Project Manager to ensure planning and delivery is in accordance with all safety, quality, time and cost parameters to meet the needs of the Project.
Hinkley Point ‘C’ (HPC) is a vital part of the UK’s future energy strategy. As the first of the UK’s next generation of Nuclear power stations, HPC is both of high profile and high complexity. The project is delivered through an organisation that comprises multi-disciplinary teams.
Pay, benefits and culture…
Alongside a competitive salary between £35,000 – £47,000, depending on experience, we offer a competitive benefits package, including a company pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the potential to earn bonus.
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone has a voice and where you feel confident being yourself. We’re committed to equality, diversity, and inclusion. We’d like our future workforce to have an equal gender balance, represent a broad mix of people from minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, those with a disability and supporting social mobility.
We’re a disability confident employer and we’ll do all we can to help with your application, making adjustments as you need.
We’ll value the difference you bring and offer opportunities for you to thrive and succeed.
What you’ll be doing…
• Coordination and recording meetings with key project stakeholders (internal & external).
• Supporting, coordination and attending Multi-Disciplinary Team and Joint Management Team meetings.
• Organisation and coordination of Technical Engineering, Cost, Contractor and Scheduling meetings
on behalf of the Programme Manager.
• Actively encouraging and promoting continual development of challenging collaborative working
behaviours to maintain efficient and effective delivery relationships between Design, Procurement,
Pre-construction Planning and Construction teams.
• Production of all Project documentation required to successfully deliver the Project scope.
• Assist the Project Manager delivering the List of Deliverables (LOD).
• Assist the Project Manager in applying the principles of Earned Value Management (EVM).
• Interfacing with other teams within Nuclear New Build (NNB), on specific tasks as required, under the
direction of the Programme Manager for the team.
Who you are…
• A degree or similar qualification in Mechanical engineering, or related field.
• Previous experience in Project Management or Project Engineering on large or
complex engineering or construction projects.
• Experience in managing risk within complex engineering projects.
• Experience working with multiple stakeholders within international contexts.
• Decision making and escalation ability for resolution of issues.
• Budget and commercial awareness.
• Ability to learn quickly and demonstrate evidence of using a ‘problem-solving’ approach.
• Ability to build strong working relationships with and effectively manage internal and
• Knowledge of nuclear power station design (EPR or PWR) is an advantage.
• Ability to speak French or German is advantageous.
Closing Date; 5th December 2023
Join us and together we can help Britain achieve Net Zero.