Do you lead the way?
Are you a grafter?
Are you loyal?
If yes, read below to see how you could be a part of our story!
Card Factory plc is the UK’s number one retailer of greeting cards, wrap and gifts, selling a third of all cards in the UK. Since our beginnings in 1997, our disruptive business model has fuelled organic growth to over 1,000 stores in every corner of the UK and Republic of Ireland. We have an outstanding growth story, consistently opening 50 new stores a year in recent years – with more opening all the time.
Card Factory focuses on the value and mid-market segments of the UK’s large greeting card market. Our scale and vertically integrated business model (in-house design team, print facilities, central warehousing and retail operations) differentiate us from competitors through price and quality. We enjoy impressive brand equity with UK shoppers.
We are also developing new routes to market for our products in the UK and overseas. These rapid growth areas include franchise operations and wholesale agreements with major retailers in the UK and Australia.
Scope and purpose of the role
We are passionate about celebrating our customers’ life moments and are now looking for an Assistant Merchandise Planner to join our very successful Card Factory family. You will be a key member of the expanding Merchandise Planning function within the Commercial team, reporting to the Senior Merchandise Planning Manager. You will support the delivery of our 5-year strategy through range planning, intake and stock management, promotional activity & maximising our profit and sales opportunities.
Working Location: Flexible in home working and office working.
- Assist in the Open to Buy Management and WSSI process of either Card or Non-Card categories in line with the budget and end of year stock targets.
- Analyse previous range performance data at line level, putting forward recommendations to drive growth and aid buying decisions.
- Forecast in week, in month, and distribute weekly reports providing insight into sales performance; alongside creating ad hoc reports as necessary.
- Support the creation of both everyday and seasonal buy plans to deliver budgets, using customer insight & analysis of historical data; to produce a financial roll-up that is presented to Senior Management.
- Support the Senior Merchandise Planning Manager on a day to day basis with ad hoc analysis.
- Working closely with the buyers and demand planners to ensure sufficient stock in the business to hit sales targets, and end to end control of stock from intake through to sell through at item level.
- Current or recent experience as an Assistant Merchandise Planner/ Merchandise Planning Administrator
- Strong Excel skills
- Good commercial awareness
- Strong analytical & numerical skills
- Ability to work with a wide range of internal & external teams.
- Works well under pressure
- Attention to detail
Competitive salary and benefits package