Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today, but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently seeking a Plant Accountant to join our team based at our Dunbar plant.
This role will see you work closely with the Finance Business Partner, Plant Manager and department heads for ensuring monthly adherence to fixed cost, variable cost and technical KPIs. You will also support to the central finance team on financial reporting and analysis, run weekly cost reports and build cost focus by helping teams understand and master cost structure, enabling managers and operational teams to make informed decisions.
- Reconcile weekly receipts of the raw material (SAP) with the weighbridge tickets for UKETS purposes
- Run weekly cost review meetings
- Generate weekly/monthly report on fixed cost vs forecast, web cycles, card spend, stock issue
- Process OTVP, scrap sale invoice, sundry ad-hoc invoices and manage welfare account
- Assist Finance Business Partner in compiling robust and accurate budgets and forecasts
- Assist Finance Business Partner in ensuring integrity of the plant accounting records, assets and liabilities
- Support Plant with SOX compliance for auditing and day to day activities
- Support Procurement manager on stores stock audit for inventory correctness
- Compliance with statutory and company requirements in respect of the reporting of results, assets and liabilities
- Active involvement and contribution to the continuous improvement process within the works including the financial evaluation of forecasts and the decision making processes and the monitoring of progress
- Develop partnership with Plant Manager/ SMT to enable the delivery of works operational and financial objectives
- AAT Qualified and/or working towards ACCA or CIMA qualification
- Detailed inventory accounting experience
- Good financial accounting background
- Previous manufacturing process experience advantageous
- Strong IT (particularly Excel), numeracy and literacy skills
- Able to work under pressure and manage time effectively
- Team player
Location: Dunbar, East Lothian, Scotland
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/38205/3011