Contract type: Fixed Term Contract – 12 months
Working hours: Full Time
Location: We’ll support you to work flexibly from home (providing a suite of IT equipment), whilst coming together on site to offer face to face support and collaboration once a week at our London or Exeter office.
Closing date: Friday 9th June
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience plus excellent benefits
Do you want to be part of helping Britain achieve Net Zero?
Can you lead, work independently and support analysts?
Are you passionate about delivering complex solutions in a clear and simple manner?
Join EDF as an Analytics Engineer and support the development and maintenance of financial reporting and analytics systems, alongside the Finance Data Labs Manager.
This exciting role means you’ll be responsible for developing individual modules that fit into a wider systems framework and working with stakeholders to design and deliver a software engineering solution. Despite operating in a highly complicated data environment, the underlying ethos of the team is to keep it simple and get it done!
This varied and interesting role means you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Work with other analysts to gather business understanding to design the build solution
- Support less technical analysts in the finance community
- Create back-end development; responsible for collating data, data analysis and computations to implement business logic
- Grow front end development; developing Graphic User Interphase (GUI) tools to ease access to data, help dynamic analysis, and provide reporting solutions
- Develop and expand database solutions to store and help access processed data; this involves designing new database tables and table optimising indexes.
- Deliver in-house developed data and IT solutions under a DevOps framework which are faster and more affordable than legacy waterfall IT projects
What we’re looking for…
You’ll be a person who enjoys taking independent ownership of a task, or a development module, to deliver a solution. You’ll have good communication skills, an ability to discuss technical subjects with technical colleagues and explain complex scenarios to less technical people.
We need a person with a wide coding/programming experience and capability on reporting, analysis, and data visualisation in a professional or corporate environment. Ideally, you’ll also have knowledge of the UK Energy Markets and/or Credit Risk analysis.
You’ll have expertise in:
- Reactive programming (i.e., Shiny, React JS, Dash)
- R and/or Python
- Proficient in R and/or Python, focused on data analysis and visualisation with libraries such as:
- Tidyverse (i.e. dplyr, dbplyr, ggplot2)
- R Markdown / Quarto
For more information about this role, please contact Steph.Bonner@edfenergy.com
Martyn Waterman, Manager of Market Risk, says ‘This is a project developing systems and tools to create a modern and efficient Market Risk function. It’s breaking new ground in providing transparency and access to data and analysis. It’ll test your understanding of the portfolio from generation to supply along with how trading data is managed within the company.’
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone has a voice and where you feel confident being yourself. We’re committed to equality, diversity, inclusion. We’d like our future workforce to have an equal gender balance, represent a broad mix of people from minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, those with a disability and supporting social mobility.
We’re an equal opportunity and disability confident employer. If you feel comfortable sharing with us that you have a disability, you meet the minimum criteria for the role, we will guarantee you an interview.
We’ll value the difference you bring and give you opportunities to thrive and succeed and to feel you belong.
- Potential to earn 5% bonus
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays (increasing with service up to a maximum of 30 days)
- A defined contribution pension scheme
- Retail discounts and cashback deals
- Healthcare cash plan
- Technology benefits
- Government tax-free childcare
Option to purchase:
- Additional annual leave
- Dental insurance
- Gym membership
- Critical illness insurance
- Personal accident insurance
- Travel insurance
- Car breakdown cover
- Dining card
Join us and together we can help Britain achieve Net Zero.