Shift hours: Part Time
We currently have an opportunity for a Kitchen Porter to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career
- To ensure that all stock is checked in and stored away correctly. Keep back of house areas clean and tidy at all times.
- To provide reliable and high quality housekeeping and janitorial services prior to, during and after its opening times.
- To Maintain the presentation and cleanliness of all designated areas, bathroom and kitchen facili-ties.
- To ensure all areas are cleaned efficiently and in a timely manner to the required standards – this is to include weekly and period tasks.
- To interact directly and discretely with the Airline’s premium passengers in a professional and ap-propriate manner.
- Taking and recording of all frozen and chilled delivery temperature.
- Put all deliveries away in the correct storage areas and ensure that stock is rotated at all times. Re-frigeration and frozen deliveries to take priority. Check for any damaged packaging only sign for products that appear in good order and that are on the order sheet.
- Only allow Halal meat / products to be taken into site.
- Check daily for any out of date produce and report to your Line Supervisor / Manager.
- Check daily that all food in any storage area is covered and dated correctly. Report any discrepancies to your Line Supervisor / Manager
- Ensure that the storerooms, fridges and freezers and any other storage areas are kept clean and clear at all times, all floors to be swept and mopped daily.
- During service times support where necessary in the kitchen.
- Operate the dishwasher machine. Put all crockery, cutlery, trays and other kitchen items through the dishwasher and put all clean items away.
- Thoroughly clean the machine at the end of each shift.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the Kitchen by sweeping and mopping the floors, wiping counters etc.
- Empty waste bins and rubbish and move to collection point.
- Wipe clean and replace bin liners.
- Report any incidents of accidents, fire, theft, loss, damage, or other irregularities to your Line Su-pervisor or Manager.
- Supporting the chef and Kitchen assistant with preparation of food items as requested.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- To dress accordingly to the standards and guidelines advised, and wear the supplied uniform gar-ments at all times when on duty and maintain the highest standards of personal hygiene.
- To only use products and equipment supplied and specifically for the job.
- Ensure that all H&S & F&S documentation for example cleaning schedules and temperature rec-ords are signed off daily once all tasks have been completed.
- Comply with all legal and company procedures / polices relating to food safety, health and safety and personal hygiene.
- Sign in and out when on shift to ensure hours worked are paid correctly. Follow the shift’s rosta.
- Attend training sessions and staff meetings as requested and use the training given when neces-sary.
- Act as a positive ambassador for the business and show commitment to company values in all aspects of your role.
- Follow procedures for sickness, lateness and holidays.
- Kitchen experience
- Highly motivated
- Attention to detail
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Lounge experience
Location: Birmingham Airport – North Pier, England