Account Director – Sustainability reporting
40 Chancery Lane, London, WC2A 1JA
Not a comms agency, not your standard management consultancy.
We are a sustainability creative consultancy, on a mission to accelerate progress to a sustainable future. We do that by harnessing the combined power of deep ESG expertise and creative courage.
We are about Progress, not promises.
We help businesses set a path for a 1.5° future, unlock circular innovation, contribute to ecosystem resilience and ultimately, create value for all.
We create ambitious ESG strategies that capture hearts and minds, accelerating progress, innovation and growth. We set the strategy and then help activate it in a way that changes behaviours and brings everyone along – whether that’s through reporting, stakeholder engagement or consumer campaigns.
For close to 25 years, we have been collaborating with clients to imagine new futures and deliver transformational sustainability strategies that are both creative and credible. We work with businesses such as P&G, Lego, Ford, Logitech, Subway and many more at various stages of their sustainability journey.
We are proud of the Progress we have achieved to date and excited for what’s next.
It takes a certain type of person to challenge the status quo and always ask ‘what if?’.
Have you got what it takes?
The role is an important Maternity Cover role in the Salterbaxter’s consulting team and would sit within the Sustainability Advisory funciton (we are structured into two teams: Advisory and Reporting). The Senior Consultant would work with our Director of Sustainability Advisory and the rest of the team to deliver excellent work, advise and drive progress amongst our clients.
Salterbaxter offers strategic counsel, advice, insight and solutions to clients across multiple sectors and topics. The Account Director, Reporting, will focus on our reporting offer (annual, integrated and sustainability), and work closely with the Head of Reporting and Director, Sustainability Reporting, as well as consultants, creative and production colleagues.
The role in detail:
An experienced and knowledgeable account lead who will facilitate and grow client relationships across reporting accounts, bring client and market understanding into the organisation, oversee the delivery of high quality work and deliverables and plays a strategic role in ensuring the commercial health of client accounts.
- Able to grow client base through the development of strategic client development plans – account strategy, planning, growth driving activities and relationship management techniques
- Demonstrate and instills a client development mind-set in all day-to-day activities across client accounts.
- Able to understand the client mind-set and wider organisational priorities, culture and context and to use this to spot ways in which Salterbaxter can enhance and expand its support
- Brings own understanding of and critical insight of client businesses, markets and sectors (structure, strategy, vision, priorities, etc.) – using this knowledge to be seen as a trusted and effective partner for our clients
- Confident at engaging with senior client representatives, as well as handling difficult conversations and acting as point of escalation when required
- Able to effectively oversee and work within project teams, consistently finding ways to get the best from others
- Ideally brings digital experience, and a view on best practice in digital-first reporting
- Oversees overall project delivery and ensures the highest levels of client service standards on all accounts. This includes that finance processes are being followed, delivering on time and on budget, client happiness and all legal elements (from contracts to image licensing and beyond).
- Working closely and collaboratively with the Head of Reporting and wider consultancy team
- Lead on, contribute to and oversee new business development for the reporting team
- Develop and lead pitch responses, collaborating with colleagues to understand what the client will buy and delivering pitch outputs to a consistently high quality
- Play a key role in opening up opportunities through client development, internal and external networking and profile-building
- Actively evolving pitch processes and teams to help improve and/or maintain a high strike rate
- Signifcant client service expertise in reporting or corp-comms-related field
- Excellent experience in successfully managing client relationships at all levels.
- Experience of directing and managing project teams to great success
- Must have experience in meeting stretching financial targets across revenue, business development and profit margin
Personal qualities and skills:
- Proactive, organised and meticulous – passionate about meeting deadlines and solving problems
- Confident and excellent interpersonal skills
- Expert negotiation skills
- Professional in outlook and a proven team player
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to respond and adapt to a range of situations and contexts
- Ability to work in an agile manner and adapt to fast changing requests – internally and externally
- Comfortable working in a small and ambitious team within a larger agency structure
- Digitally savvy, active on social channels and passionate about sustainability, brands and communications
Publicis Groupe operates a hybrid working pattern with employees being office-based on Mondays and two other days during the working week.
If you have any adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.